Bicycle Patches On Messenger Bag


Over time I’ve aquired a few bicycle related patches. For years I’ve proudly displayed them inside this tin.

After my recent purchase of messenger bags I decided to place some of the patches on the one made from a recycled U.S. postal bag. After some quick Googling I decided to use E6000 to adhere the patches to the bag. Note: the Errandonnee patch is from one of the previous years that I did complete the challenge.

After applying glue to the patches and placing them on the bag I applied weight while the glue cured.

I’ve only carried the bad a couple of times now but so far so good. I didn’t apply patches to the right third of the bag to leave “Domestic” visible. I’m undecided whether to cover up the Timbuk2 logo.

Speaking of bags… while I recently had all of our duct tape out to make myself a new wallet I beefed up a ziplock bag that I use to hold various things that I carry in my messenger bag. Even though the bags I wear have many pockets for these various things, keeping them in the ziplock bag makes it easy for me to switch between the different bags. Some of the various things in the ziplock bag are napkins. hand wipes, aspirin, contact lenses, knife, lighter, velcro straps, innertube rubber bands and a pen.

Here’s a shot of my old wallet of 6+ years and the new one.



Leave a Reply